Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 2 - Your Word

I chose FEARLESS for my word for 2013.  Over the past year and a half I have walked over 500 miles and worked out 329 times.  That might not sound like much but for me it is an awesome feat. I joined Weight Watchers July 22, 2011.  Before joining WW I was only able to walk around the block a couple of times and exercise for 15 or 20 mins at a shot.  I started documenting my miles and workouts in the fall of 2011. I have lost 73 lbs and walked over 500 miles on this weight loss journey and by the grace of God I am still going. I have learned a lot about myself over the past year and a half.  I don't have to be afraid anymore. Weight Watchers, walking, and a program called Made to Crave are the tools I have used to get where I am.  I even joined Boot Camp at my local Y and get up at 5 am three days a week to go work out.  Now that is an accomplishment just in its self as I am NOT A MORNING PERSON!  lol  Not at all.  So yes, my word is FEARLESS but it is not me who is fearless. I chose FEARLESS because with God I can do anything.   Here are this weeks photos for Focus on Life










24 comments:

  1. I adore your soul. Congratulations on winning the past year of your life, and may God continue to bless your path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! It's not easy to do all these things even though we know it will make us healthier. Give yourself a big pat on the back. I'm glad you kept track of your accomplishments so you could see how far you came. Your word is a great choice, and I love your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word too! Wonderful photos! Congratulations on your accomplishments to date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I think it was you who I snagged fearless from when you posted on Facebook your word for 2013. :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your success in making improvements to your life and health is awesome. I definitely know how difficult it is. You definitely are FEARLESS! Best wishes to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You rock! You have proven yourself fearless. Watch out 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i mean Jenny! Lol. I didn't know which Kennifer this was until I we to your blog. :)

      Delete
  7. Huge applause for Linda!!!
    Working out like that, and achieving so much is HUGE!!!!
    All the very best for 2013, or fearless one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inspiration! Wishing you all the best on you fearless journey this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting up at 5 am is a huge accomplishment! I am in no way a morning person either.

    Best wishes on achieving your goals in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kathleen! I just can't seem to get to bed early either. So on the days. i have boot camp I might have gotten 5 hours of sleep. It is a work in progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Congratulations on that achievement! I have goals of getting my health and wellness in balance this year and you are inspiring to me! Thinking of walking each mile with the Lord is a powerful image. I wish you joy in the journey in 2013. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanx Erin! You can do it too. With God all things are possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great word. It sounds like you proved yourself fearless last year and will continue to do so in the coming year. Congratulations on your accomplishments. (5 am -- is there really a 5 am?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You really rocked this past year. I'm sure that it's given you lots of motivation and energy for this year. Work it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, you are awesome! SO fearless--"Be anxious for nothing . . ." that's one of my absolute favorite verses.

    Congratulations to you, and keep up the fearless!

    :)

    ReplyDelete