Friday, January 11, 2013

Self Portrait - Week 1

I joined a 52 Week Photo Challenge at Studio Sublime.  I already am a day late and a dollar short as it was due to be posted last Saturday. :/ But here it is.  I got a new camera for Christmas and I thought this would be a perfect challenge to learn how to use my new camera. 




I have to admit i  have a hard time with getting my picture taken especially as I get older and I do not like my wrinkles but I know it's important to have pictures of myself for my children.  My mom never liked having her picture taken. When she passed away at 50, 21 years ago, we had barely any pictures of her which is sad. So even though I am not jumping in every possible picture I am getting in pictures more for that very reason.  

8 comments:

  1. Your photos are great! I like the last one that reminds me of a stained glass window.

    My mom never liked having her picture taken, and as with you, when she passed away in 2011 we were hard pressed to find photos of her. My mother-in-law is the same, and we've been honoring her wishes, but every now and then we sneak one in. And I'm trying to do the same with myself for my children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alice! For whatever reason I am hard on myself and I am trying to get over the picture thing. I am hoping that this challenge is going to help me with working through it.

      Delete
  2. Good for you. My mother was the same way. I have very few shots of her. She had a wandering eye and was so self conscious of it. I know now photos are not just for you they are for all of us. It will be fun watching your weekly submissions for the challenges. Have Fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan! Today i am working on the prompt journey and will be sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see nothing wrong with your "wrinkles" Linda!!!! I see a kind, gentle and sensitive soul when I see you . . .

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful shots of yourself. I especially like the first one with you smiling!

    ReplyDelete