Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's shakin'

Hi all!  I joined an Alice in Wonderland blog hop coming up in June. I started my piece tonight.  Here's a little sneak peek.  I am not sure if I am using all of said components shown here.  I am playing around with what I am going to do but the watch case is a definite. 
 Now this piece is really cool!  I got the pendant at Bead Fest last summer and have been holding (hoarding) it since, not sure what to do with it.  It is lampwork on a gun shell.  Sweet! 
I am going outside of my comfort zone and beading/stringing.  No wire wrapping, just straight up beading.  Beading is not as easy as a lot of people think.  There is that pesky finishing work ie:  crimping, CRIMPING, UG crimping which is not my favorite. hee hee I for one have a hard time with finish work.   I prefer wire wrapping and doing things free style. So we shall see how this turns out.  
I also have an order to finish.  A knotted ribbon necklace that I must get to this week.  I will be back with the finished gunshell piece.  TTFN TA TA for now!!  xoxo  

4 comments:

  1. I can crimp but my man hands make crappy knots!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, Linda, you are off to a wonderful start!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had someone look down their nose at me once and say "oh, you just STRUNG that?" People do not have a clue. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting Linda. I'll try to look for the materials used and i'll let my daughter do this.

    restringing

    ReplyDelete